09 September 2007

Endangered Specie: Babies.

So I recently had the pleasure of re-viewing the ever-futuristic Blade Runner which takes place in Los Angeles in the year 2019. The cityscape is bleak and as far as I can tell blanketed by perpetual night. Marketing is pervasive and bright and forms a conspicuously striking contrast to the overly grimy denizens and architecture of the city. The prevailing motif of future-L.A. is black and neon and now that I think about it there isn't a single palm tree to be seen. To add to the misery all the models, movie stars, and marginally attractive humans (minus H.Ford) have apparently rocketed far away from this scene and Earth to the glamorous off-world colonies, presumably quite a ways away (at least as far as Orion) and everyone else is saving up to.
So what happens when we find/make planets that are just way better than Earth and everyone leaves except for the ugly and unsuccessful people? Let's just say that global overpopulation will not be as imminent an issue after the extinction of the erection.
I dunno about you but I'm already starting my off-world transportation fund.


A typical Future Dude,
note the facial scarring
and cheesy facial hair.
He also looks kinda down,
probably due to the
aforementioned extinction.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

edward james olmos for the win!

he might not be as hot as you blogging folk, but he can command one mean battlestar.

Jessica said...

oh my goodness. hahahahhahahaaaa. thank you.

Nathan P said...

Can "H. Ford" please be "Henry Ford"?

Just imagine if girls weren't weirded out by our boners and stuff, and just like wanted to see them. That's the world I one day want to live in.

I don't think boners are going anywhere.